feelin' flaky

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Finally, my Mug Display!

I am a garage saling lover, but since we moved to TX in June, I have stopped at only a handful. After the big move, then the birth of our 3rd child, and everything there is to adjust to in the life of my husband's medical residency... I haven't had the energy or time to do my routine saling around town.  With that said, this past Friday morning, I finally made a route of some sales that sounded good, made the 30 minute drive, and hit the jack-pot! I only planned on going to two, but on the way to those, I passed a gorgeous entrance to an unbelievable neighborhood, which had a huge banner for an "Anual Neighborhood Sale TODAY! 50+ homes!"  Well, there was no way, no how I was passing that up, so my morning turned into a half day event. It was a blast, and I found an abundance of treasures, from furniture, to yard work material, to framed art, to vintage decor - I filled our Toyota Highlander to the brim  :) The best part? I only spent $87 on an amount of goodies that would be at least $300 or more in a consignment shop... I love me a stealin' deal!

One of the many items I found was a ladder that originally paired with a child's bunk-bed. The owner said to name a price, so I offered $2... sold!  What I had in mind for it was a DIY project that I've been wanting to do for a long time, a few years actually.

I have thought that it would be cool to display my mugs in an artsy way, instead of being in a cupboard like usual. So now that I got this handy dandy ladder, it's been put to good use!

Between the ladder, this recycled rope that I bought off FAB.com,




these S hooks and ceiling hooks from Lowe's,



my husband and I managed to whip up this cool "Pot rack" style display for our mugs!





I love how it turned out!



All in all, it cost about $20 to make





So, if you eventually start seeing mugs displayed like this, it was my idea,  haha  ;)

Thanks for checkin' it out, have a happy day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment