feelin' flaky

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Closet

       "Start somewhere; start small. Pick one room to tackle. There are no mistakes that can't be undone."  
Annette Tatum, textile designer/author


I think I have put off tackling my closet for the past, well, the whole time we've lived in our new house. Since we moved in, my closet has been the "Oh, I don't know what to do with this item, hmmmm, I'll just throw it in my closet for now"....you can imagine what it looks like now? Well, it did look "That bad" yesterday, but I finally got off my lazy rump and started in on pulling everything out, purging unwanted items, and am now deciding how I want it organized. At this moment, I'm waiting to be inspired, because I want every room in our home to be loved. Yes, even the lowly closet.



I am in love with the rainbow. Greens, yellows, reds, blues, oranges, all together, it's magic for my eyes!




The wall paper in this one is so sweet, and I love the few accents of red



All I can say is where can I find some of these hangers?! 
Reminds me of a giant lolly pop :)




Bright and white! That turquoise chandelier is pretty too




I can't wrap my mind around it, but I love this picture. What stands out to me is the majority of earth colored clothing. Her shoes are neat too...




A collection of colorful necklaces and other various jewelry is so captivating. This is a simple display, but it grabs your attention, no? 




The bird! Precious lil framed art, and the stool, and everything else, I really like this set up




What a light, airy mess. I love it! It's bunched and scattered, but I think it would be fun to get dressed in this room. Beautiful.




This last room caught me by surprise - love how this lady thought way outside the typical set-up box! 


I'm working diligently towards a rewarding result in my personal closet, and will post pictures of the finished space, hopefully in the next couple weeks..... emphasis on the hopefully!

Thanks for checking out my closet inspiration  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment