feelin' flaky

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bedroom

  Aaron and I had a good time (most of the time, haha!) decorating our bedroom. People that have seen it in person don't believe me, but he chose the paint colors, and I love them too! I guess purple isn't normally a manly-man's favorite color, but, I'm blessed to be married to one of the few :)


 You know all the HGTV shows with the woman interior design host that has a studly carpenter to do all the hard labor? Well, this is my carpenter. I'm the designer and he's the muscles!


It was his idea to use pipe for the curtain rods, it counter-balances the floral curtains.


I found these matching accent decorative pieces at Home Goods, and thought they would make a neat DIY project for lighting instead of the traditional lamp on side table.
So I guess this is the "Before" pic....


And here's the "After"


This side of the bedroom is finished!


Curtains are from Anthropologie. And no, I did not pay full price for them.....  I woke up at 6am on Black Friday and ordered them online at 75% off!


I found the white art piece while on a date with my hubby in downtown San Antonio. A truck was being unloaded at a historic hotel, they were getting ready for an Estate sale. I followed him right into the building and asked "How much?" and then, SOLD!  It's an exterior piece from an old house.


King bed frame is Ikea, Wingback chair - Craigslist


We haven't done anything with the other side of the room.... that's our next project... so, pictures to come in the near future! 

4 comments:

  1. I really like the shelves you guys put up there. Such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's funny is that we didn't add the shelves, they were already there as an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What paint color is that? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple is "Freesia Bloom" and the gray is "Sterling", both Lowe's brand :)

      Delete